The Federal Government on Tuesday launched the Nigeria Startup Portal and Engagement Portal, which is a key requirement for the implementation of the Nigeria Startup Act.
The National Information Technology Development Agency also urged all Nigerian startups, VCs, angels, hubs, and innovation centres to visit the portal, register, and explore the resources available to them.
The launch was announced by the Minister of Communications Innovation and Digital Economy, Bosun Tijani, on his X account.
He wrote, “The startup portal will drive the identification and aggregation of Nigerian startups, venture capital companies, hubs and innovation centres in order to facilitate engagement and support for ecosystem players.”
“The launch of the portal will allow us initiate the process of setting up the startup consultative forums to select representatives to the National Council for Digital Innovation and Entrepreneurship, in order to facilitate discourse and consensus among Nigerian ecosystem players.”
- Visit http://startup.gov.ng
- Scroll down the page to reveal the options for Startups, Angel Investors, Venture Capitalists or Accelerators, Innovation Hubs & Incubators.
- Select Startups
Criteria to enroll for Nigeria Startup Portal:
- Be a limited liability company registered under the Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA).
- Be a company existing for less than 10 years from the date of incorporation.
- Have objects that are focused on innovation, development, production, improvement, and commercialization of a digital technology innovative product or process.
- Be a holder or repository of a product or process of digital technology or the owner or author of a registered software.
- Have at least one-third of local shareholding held by one or more Nigerians as founder or co-founder of the startup.
- Satisfy the conditions set out in the Act, in the case of a sole proprietorship or partnership.
- Be a tech-enabled business that uses existing tools, platforms, libraries, and frameworks to make a company or a solution more efficient or effective.
4. Enter the following details:
- RC Number (Unique CAC identification number)
- Company Name
- Year of Incorporation
- Industry (type)
- Start Up description
- Company Email
- Company Address
- Company website
- Founder’s Full Name
- First Name + Last Name
- Founder’s Email Address
- Founder’s Phone Number
- Founder’s means of Identification (BVN or NIN)
5. Then Submit